VISITING JEJU ISLAND: SINGAPORE TO JEJU (OCTOBER 2022) - PART I: BOOKING & PREPARATION

 

 
I'm back! to keep a journal record of my travel once again. Can't believe my last post was 5 years ago?! and I AM OUT OF 20s. NOOOOO~ internal screeeeaaaammss. 

Well, anyway I got married, then COVID happened, my BTO got delayed and I was stuck in our little island for 3 good years.
First travel out is to JOHOR. Probably will update in another post on the situation there.
PLEASE DONT CLOSE AGAIN TT! pray pray pray..πŸ™πŸ™
and then months later, after muchhhh persuasion to my husband, he is finally ready to fly. 
 
Our first stop, none other than our favorite KOREA~
oh yes. not our honeymoon, we've not done that yet. BOOHOOOO cries..Anyone can sponsor me? kkk

Back to topic. 

1) Booking of Air Ticket

There are a few flight options open to Korea at this point of writing.

Singapore Airlines, Asiana, Scoot & Tway
Flying to Seoul was relatively affordable, Tway for roundtrip only cost below $400. (Side effects: Backside pain, back pain, headpain, and no thai massage after)

On the other hand, if you are flying direct to Jeju (Korea),

Jeju Air and Scoot
Roundtrip via Scoot cost around $650 

To stop myself from revenge shopping, and get a much needed break. I flew Scoot to Jeju!
This is my third time to Jeju. and I'm glad I made this choice. 😍 

2) K-ETA (about 3 working days)
What you need: Your physical passport, A beautiful face to take an ID photo, Credit Card

Do what is required, 
Phone number: Can be local number
Stay Address: Input your first residency address, be it Hotel or Airbnb
If you are unable to find the address, especially in Jeju, Some host doesn't give you the details till confirmation. Zoom in the map and key in the keyword to search to the closest option. 
(Doesn't have to be 100% correct, they can't verify if you are constantly moving anyway 😢)
 
 3) Q-code (Instant result)
Website: https://cov19ent.kdca.go.kr/cpassportal/biz/beffatstmnt/main.do?lang=en
Don't panic if you see this page, scroll further and you'll see below


Spot that "Go" in the middle? Click that.

Have your K-eta and & Q-code printed and you're good to go! 

Q-Code Result should be a QR code sent to your registered Email. 

If you do not wish to print them, make sure it is accessible without internet.

4) International Driving Permit (IDP)
If you're heading to Jeju, driving is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Processing Time: Approx. 10 days
You can apply international license online or at the main office.
I got my license in 2 days, my friend for theirs on the 10th day. 
Please book early or head down to main office.
 
5) Car Rental - Lotte Car Rental  
It is super convenient to drive in Jeju but not in Seoul. Seoul traffic are one of the worst. I will recommend to take public transport in Seoul.

Website: https://lotterentacar.net/hp/eng/carLife/jejuAuto.do

Book from a reputable company. Please do not book from small companies just to save some penny. It's not worth it when anything happens and highly advise to take Zero CDW (Insurance).

I made my reservation through Lotte- Rent a Car
Santafe 7 seater is good for 5 pax with 4 large luggage.  Very smart car btw, might be our future family car choice 😍

English GPS is available, but doesn't work for all locations. Will recommend other sources in next post.

6) Weather - Jeju 
Temperature: 22 degree (mid day) 11 degree (midnight)
Humidity: Super dry

I traveled 1 week ago at the start of fall, pretty breezy. Nice chill wind, UV burning Sun.

* JACKET, SUNSCREEN, MOISTURIZER* is a must.

Had an amazing feeling, being hot on my face and cold on my back. Turn around and it's the other way. Love it!

Shorts and Tshirt still manageable at 16 degree weather, probably my fats gain made some difference to my body. HAHAHA. anyway it's a natural aircon! DAMN SHIOK! but still I brought along a jacket in the car, just incase.

Jeju Downtown City (North- Top half of jeju) tend to be cooler than Seogwipo City. (South- Bottom half of jeju). Hallasan might have blocked the wind for the South.😌

If you are on the north, please prepare warmer clothing for the night. πŸ˜‰


 

I think that's more or less about it for the preparations. Thank you for reading my humble old school blog.😊😊😊 Feel free to comment below!

Following post will be about food, cafes, shopping, activities and return preparation from my research and trip..

Stay tuned😝



No comments:

Post a Comment